This easy roasted red pepper, tortellini, chicken, and broccoli soup could not get much easier. It is absolutely delicious, and it has become a staple in our house when I don’t have much time to cook but need to whip up a hearty and nutritious meal!
And I never want to compromise flavor.
If my cooking had core values, that would be one of them: never, ever, ever compromise flavor.
You can literally throw this thing together – toss some ingredients in a soup pot, dust off your hands (metaphorically, of course, because this is SO EASY and requires no labor!), and call it, “Supper.”
Here are the five things you need:
And you make it all in one pot! No prep. One dish. Maximal flavor and heartiness.
I’m pretty sure you call that #winning.
After you make and eat this, I literally think you can say, “Winner, winner, chicken dinner.”
And that statement would be 100% factual.
This is a great recipe to have on hand when you need to quickly assemble a family dinner or a meal for some last-minute guests. Getting together around the table is important, and sometimes we need to make that easy on ourselves to make that happen!
Enjoy this yummy soup!
- 4 c chicken broth
- 32 oz box Pacific Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1.5 lb raw chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 9 oz package of uncooked tortellini (any kind will do – cheese, chicken, spinach, etc.)
- 16 oz bag frozen broccoli
- Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese for topping
- Pour chicken broth and tomato soup into large soup pot. (I pour in the tomato soup first, and then I pour the chicken broth into the tomato soup carton, shake it up, and then pour it out to help get out all of the soup from the carton.)
- Add chicken breast, bring liquid to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked and easy to shred.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken (I just shred it inside of the pot) into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in tortellini and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add frozen broccoli and continue to cook on stove top until broccoli is warm – about 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
22 Ways to Make Hospitality Easier & More Meaningful
Get your free Gathering Guide: 22 practical & detailed tips to help you welcome guests, lessen the stress of hospitality, and organize various types of gatherings.