Yum, the sweet and savory combination of these Firecrackers & Cream Cheese Mango Jalapeno Dip is so delish! Perfect for a patriotic picnic!
I made these Firecrackers a bit differently than what you might traditionally find. We really like the savory, buttery flavor of these, especially paired with the sweet creamy mango dip! You can tone down the spice (or turn up the heat!) with both the crackers and the dip depending on how much seasoning you use and how much jalapeno you use.
And, of course, though I’m calling these Firecrackers, they’re certainly delicious to serve beyond the 4th of July!
I mean, I don’t know about you, but I like snacking on really delightful food other than just one day a year. I really wish I didn’t.
The full recipe is below, but here’s a step-by-step of how you make them!
First, you’ll pour the melted butter on the crackers inside the gallon bag. Make sure the butter isn’t too hot when you pour it in there!
Gently toss the crackers to coat them in the butter.
Pour them out of the bag and spread them evenly on a foil-lined baking pan.
Then sprinkle ’em with the spices to your liking.
Put them in a preheated oven (350) for 5 minutes. They come out beautifully golden brown.
Now you can prep your ingredients for the dip.
Peel & dice the mango, chop up the green onion, and dice up 1/2 of the jalapeno (or more if you want more spice). Don’t forget to wash your hands after you chop the jalapeno. Jalapeno in my belly = YAY! Jalapeno in my eye = NAY.
Stir them up with the softened cream cheese until the dip is fully blended and then serve it up with the crackers. Yuuuummy!
This flavor just POPS in your mouth! You know, kind of like a firecracker. 😉
These make a delightful warm-weather snack for gatherings & potlucks!
Enjoy with family, friends, and neighbors!
Want more delicious snack ideas? Check out some of my absolute favorites:
- FOR THE CRACKERS:
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers (or generic equivalent)
- ¼ c butter, melted
- Dash of Garlic Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Dash of Oregano
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE DIP:
- 8 oz block cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 small mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, diced (remove seeds if you don't want the extra heat!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put crackers in large gallon bag. Drizzle melted butter on crackers inside bag and gently toss to coat crackers with butter.
- Pour crackers out of bag and spread evenly over foil-lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle seasonings over crackers (to taste - you may want more of one seasoning and less of another!)
- Place pan with crackers in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Begin mixing the cream cheese in a bowl (either by hand with a wooden spoon or with a stand mixer using the paddle attachment). Add in diced mangos, green onion, and jalapeno and stir until dip is well-blended.
- Serve firecrackers & dip together! Store crackers in air-tight container and store the dip in the fridge.
22 Ways to Make Hospitality Easier & More Meaningful
Get your free Gathering Guide: 22 practical & detailed tips to help you welcome guests, lessen the stress of hospitality, and organize various types of gatherings.