Bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are so yummy, but, if you want to put a delicious twist on them, try out this little secret: eat them topped with a dab of blackberry jam. We’ve been eating regular ‘ole jalapeno poppers for years, but one time, we were serving these at one of our regular potlucks, and friend asked us if we had any blackberry jam. We looked in our fridge, found some, and proceeded to top our poppers with the jam per our friend’s recommendation. Y’all, we haven’t been able to go back to regular ‘ole jalapeno poppers! The combo with the jam is just irresistible!
We make our jalapeno poppers very simply – just sliced jalapenos with the seeds and membranes somewhat removed (sometimes we’ll leave some seeds in for an extra kick), some cream cheese, and half a slice of bacon wrapped around them.
The first time we made these after we had children, we realized only one of us is allowed to handle the jalapenos, and that person isn’t allowed to change any diapers for the rest of the night.
We usually just put enough cream cheese in them to fill them to the brim, but we don’t go too much over – the cream cheese will get all bubbly and runneth over all over onto the pan. (I know, actually sounds quite delicious, but it’s so messy!)
Then we cut a strip of bacon in half and then wrap it around the stuffed jalapeno.
Lay them all out on the pan. My mouth is watering already.
Then place them in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is as crispy as you’d like it.
These guys are just sizzling, saying, “Eat me! Eat me!”
But seriously, don’t eat them without the blackberry jam.
I promise you, you won’t regret it. Just some regular blackberry jam you can find at your grocery store will do the trick! I apologize in advance for the heartburn you’re going to get from eating too many of these!
We love preparing snacks when we have folks over. For one, I don’t like people going hungry at our house, but two, food just livens up the atmosphere and makes way for some great conversation. Believe me, you’ll have plenty to talk about when you eat these delicious bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers with blackberry jam!
If you’re looking for more easy and absolutely delicious snacks to bring to a get-together or to have as you prepare to welcome some guests into your home to hang out and spend quality time together, check out some of my faves!
Appetizers = food for the belly and fuel for conversation! 🙂
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 12 jalapenos
- 12 slices of bacon
- Blackberry jam for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the stem of the jalapenos. Slice jalapenos down the middle (longways) and remove membranes and seeds.
- Using a butter knife or a spoon, fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese, just up until the cream cheese is about level with the sides of the jalapeno.
- Slice bacon strips in half and wrap one half around the stuffed jalapeno. Press bacon into cream cheese to help secure it a bit.
- Place bacon-wrapped jalapenos onto a large baking pan/cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your preferred amount of crispiness.
- Enjoy each one topped with a dab of blackberry jam!