These easy crockpot creamy chicken tacos are a perfect option for a simple weeknight dinner or an inexpensive meal idea for a big gathering! A friend of mine made these to deliver to us right after Elizabeth was born and I’ve been hooked ever since!
You literally dump a few things in the crock pot and then forget about it for 4-6 hours. No chopping! Hardly any prep work!
And did I mention that these are absolutely delicious?
They even look flavorful! You can make the creamy chicken mixture mild or spicy – I typically make mine somewhere in between. Add in some additional jalapenos, green chiles, and/or cayenne to give it an extra kick.
Top with cilantro, fresh tomato and avocado, and you’ve got yourself some real tacos.
If you want to get really crazy, make some simple cilantro lime rice and serve the chicken mixture over it on the tortilla. SO good!
I’ve made this recipe a million times and it never disappoints! I’ve made it for just us and had lots of leftovers that we ate for a few days, and I’ve also made it for big gatherings – it’s perfect for both! Bring some smiles to your table (or bring some smiles to someone else’s table!) and make these easy crockpot creamy chicken tacos! I promise, everyone’s taste buds will thank you for them!
- 1 lb raw chicken breast
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 8oz block light cream cheese
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Dash of garlic salt
- Place the raw chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Place everything else on top and slightly stir.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 in slow cooker.
- After cooking, shred chicken with two forks - the chicken should be very tender and shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to fully shred.*
- Stir everything together so all of the ingredients are mixed well in the crock pot.
- Serve on tortillas and top with fresh diced tomato, avocado slices, and cilantro! Also delicious on top of cilantro lime rice!
You can easily make the creamy chicken mixture and freeze it. Allow it to cool before transferring to a freezer storage bag. Thaw and reheat.
22 Ways to Make Hospitality Easier & More Meaningful
Get your free Gathering Guide: 22 practical & detailed tips to help you welcome guests, lessen the stress of hospitality, and organize various types of gatherings.